Mom to Mom of Maine is an organization of diverse mothers devoted to helping each other and the community by sharing support, knowledge, fun and volunteerism.
We are proud to provide opportunities for over 200 Southern Maine mothers to come together with the goal of establishing a long-term support network. We strive to help women maintain their individuality, creativity, confidence and emotional health while doing the best, and hardest, job of all — parenting! Mom to Mom is a registered non-profit run solely by volunteers and led by a Board of Directors. Mom to Mom would not exist without members who are willing to donate their time, energy and talents, enabling us to offer a unique variety of activities and services each month. We have a wide range of volunteer opportunities — from hosting a member coffee to helping coordinate events to serving in a leadership capacity — there’s something for everyone. To learn more about how you can get involved, please email our current Co-leaders at email@example.com.
Your $35 annual membership gives you access to a wide range of activities and services, such as:
• Online Discussion Groups: A rich forum that allows members to swap information and advice on a wide range of topics. Subgroups such as Moms of Babies, Health & Fitness and Exploring Nature with Kids provide further opportunities to connect with members who share similar interests.
• Field Trips and Weekend Family Outings: Unique adventures for both little and big kids, such as fire station tour, farmer-for-a-day, apple and berry picking, sledding party, paint-your-own pottery, pumpkin picking, and many more.
• Mommy & Me Morning Get-Togethers: A monthly social gathering for moms and little ones. We call it our “member coffee.”
• Year-Round Playgroups: Meet-ups at local playgrounds and beaches during the summer. From October to May, we have indoor open play times and offer special activities such as Spark’s Ark, music and movement, Baby Signs, Spanish for toddlers, yoga for kids, and more.
• Community Passes: Free or discounted passes to visit local family-friendly attractions such as the Children’s Museum, Narrow Gauge Railroad Company and Museum and the Planetarium.
• Halloween Party: A much-loved member tradition that includes horse rides, a bounce house, crafts, games, costume parade and more.
• Mom’s Night Out, Knitting/Crafting Group and Book & Discussion Club: Moms-only social time because as much as you love your kids, sometimes you need a break. Favorite activities include spa night, game night, dinner out, wine and dessert night, and our annual holiday cookie swap. The Knitting/Crafting Group and the Book & Discussion Club invite members to meet about once a month to socialize, have deep discussions and enjoy a shared interest.
• Mamapalooza (formerly known as the Summit): An opportunity to socialize, be pampered and enjoy an evening of entertainment at our annual moms-only “mini retreat.” Designed to help members relax and rejuvenate, past events have included yoga, belly dancing, life coaching, spa services, raffle/silent auction and more.
• Happy Healthy Family Workshop & Speaker Series: An opportunity to learn from members and professionals in the community. Past topics have included Mindful Parenting, Tools for Talking with Young Children, The Stealth Chef, Nutrition and Behavior, Creating a Babysitting Co-op, Home Organization, and Canning & Preserving.
• Community Outreach: A unique opportunity to support families in the community. Currently, our focus is on assisting refugees recently arrived in Portland. Past outreach has included providing meals to the Ronald McDonald House, participating in the Thanksgiving Pie Drive and more.
• Care Committee: A chance to provide a home-cooked meal for members who’ve given birth or are experiencing an illness or family emergency.
• Monthly e-newsletter: A collection of member articles on parenting, meal planning, green living, and so on, all mixed in with a dose of humor.
• Online calendar of events: Highlights Mom to Mom events as well as many other family-friendly activities going on around Southern Maine.
• Members-only online classifieds: A great way to purchase or sell gently-used toys, clothes, household items and more from reliable sources.