Mom to Mom is a group of over 200 Southern Maine moms with many different parenting perspectives, backgrounds and lifestyles who have joined together to establish an amazing support network. Part of what makes our group so special is that we are constantly learning from each other, cheering each other on and inspiring each other to do our best each day.
If you are a mom living in Southern Maine (or expect to move here soon), we invite you to join our dynamic group! Your $25 annual membership gives you access to a wide range of activities and services, such as:
- Online Discussion Groups: A rich forum that allows members to swap information and advice on a wide range of topics. Subgroups such as Moms of Babies, Health & Fitness and Exploring Nature with Kids provide further opportunities to connect with members who share similar interests.
- Field Trips and Weekend Family Outings: Unique adventures for both little and big kids, such as fire station tour, farmer-for-a-day, apple and berry picking, sledding party, paint-your-own pottery, pumpkin picking, and many more.
- Mommy & Me Morning Get-Togethers: A monthly social gathering for moms and little ones. We call it our "member coffee."
- Year-Round Playgroups: Meet-ups at local playgrounds and beaches during the summer. From October to May, we have indoor open play times and offer special activities such as Spark’s Ark, music and movement, Baby Signs, Spanish for toddlers, yoga for kids, and more.
- Community Passes: Free or discounted passes to visit local family-friendly attractions such as the Children’s Museum.
- Halloween Party: A much-loved member tradition that includes horse rides, a bounce house, crafts, games, costume parade and more.
- Mom's Night Out: Moms-only social time because as much as you love your kids, sometimes you need a break. Favorite activities include spa night, game night, dinner out, wine and dessert night, and our annual holiday cookie swap.
- Mom to Mom Summit: An opportunity to socialize, be pampered and enjoy an evening of entertainment at our annual moms-only “mini retreat.” Designed to help members relax and rejuvenate, past events have included yoga, belly dancing, life coaching, spa services, raffle/silent auction and more.
- Happy Healthy Family Workshop & Speaker Series: An opportunity to learn from members and professionals in the community. Past topics have included Mindful Parenting, Tools for Talking with Young Children, The Stealth Chef, Nutrition and Behavior, Creating a Babysitting Co-op, Home Organization, and Canning & Preserving.
- Community Outreach: A unique opportunity to support families in need by providing meals to the Ronald McDonald House, participating in the Thanksgiving Pie Drive and more.
- Care Committee: A chance to provide a home-cooked meal for members who’ve given birth or are experiencing an illness or family emergency.
- Monthly e-newsletter: A collection of member articles on parenting, meal planning, green living, and so on, all mixed in with a dose of humor.
- Online calendar of events: Highlights Mom to Mom events as well as many other family-friendly activities going on around Southern Maine.
- Members-only online classifieds: A great way to purchase or sell gently-used toys, clothes, household items and more from reliable sources.